Sunday, September 12, 2010

Welcome ya'all

So I've decided to put myself out into the ether.  Yesterday I made my first facebook page and today I'm starting this blog.

I've fought for years against the idea of establishing an online presence... after all once you put something online it is pretty much there forever, even if you later regret putting it there and delete it is still lingers in copies and caches.  Plus, it makes me nervous to invite strangers into my life and to allow them to examine and comment on my thoughts and pictures..

But lately I’ve been doing a lot of web surfing around the blogverse and social networking sites and have decided that, while my concerns are probably still valid to some extent, there are a lot more really nice people out there that I wouldn’t mind meeting online.

I apologize in advance for any mistakes.  This is my first go at all this.  My thoughts tend to outpace my weak 50 wpm typing skills so when I type my thoughts it tends to appear fragmented and disjointed unless I go back and edit it (and hopefully by the time I finish an entry and go back to edit it I’ll be able to remember what I was talking about to begin with).  Also, since I don’t have a THEME for this blog, other than just my meandering mind I’m afraid that you’ll be confronted with a barrage of disjointed and occasionally uncontexted entries.  My mind tends to go off on weird little field trips and I decided that I wanted a place to put some of those meanderings thoughts down.

1 comment: